>>> Years ago, while hanging out in the cafeteria at U.C. Davis Vet Hospital, I
>>> met a professor from the animal nutrition department.  I
described the wonderful diet I had put my aging cat on and mentioned the
addition of flax oil.   She said something like "well, flax oil is
close to useless for a cat, it can't digest it well or utilize it -- give flax
oil to your horses and give fish oil to cats."  ...   I had not yet seen an
Icelandic horse.

That's pretty ironic, isn't it, in light of this thread?   But, there are lots
of old folk remedies (for humans and for animals) that are either useless or
downright harmful.  Some may work, but I don't lightly buy into folk remedies
without doing a lot of checking first.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
5:58 PM