I had the same feeling about Wyoming terrain when I went to Yellowstone years
ago. I live in Maryland which is very hilly and has 4 seasons, I couldn't get
over the lack of vegetation  everywhere I went in Wyoming, you had to get to
the west side in Idaho before you saw much for grass and trees for shade for
that matter.  I don't need lots of neighbors or the development but I am quite
use to having greenery growing and fall colors and lots of trees. I guess my
only wish is that the spring and fall would be longer so we didn't have the
extreme heat. I don't mind the winter at all, just the short daylight is
depressing sometimes when you have long stretches of cloud cover. I think the
pictures of Iceland that Ihave seen look very beach shore like, and some arid
plains. Is that what you saw Annelise? My friends in Colorado have tried to get
me and my husband to move west near them, but I am hooked on the east, don't
think I could ever leave. Jeannette