My friend Gayle rides Prize, an Appaloosa and the only horse she's ever
owned.  She was a beginner rider when she bought him and says that when he
is through, so is she.  He is the most amazing horse.  I have seen her do
some truly goofy things and Prize just gets his "oh it's just Gayle" look
and copes.

We went out for a ride this morning and found our old logging road blocked
in three different places by trees that fell in Monday's storm.  Gayle
dismounted to clear the upright branches off one tree so that we could take
the horses over it safely.

Then she stepped Prize's front feet over the tree and parked him there so
she could use the tree as a mounting block.  He looked back at us and sort
of raised an eyebrow, but he stood absolutely still.

Nancy