Angie has been here a week today, and as luck would have it, I've had to
work a lot this week.  I was told that she could be jumpy, and that she
could be pretty hard to catch.   Runa has been her designated buddy during
her settling in phase.  I've been leading her and Runa out in a small
pasture during the day, but bringing them back to the barn for the nights.
They each have a private stall, with a small paddock attached overnight, but
they can touch noses over the paddock fence.  I will put her in the herd
eventually, but for now, I want her 1) isolated so she can relax and settle
into her new home, and 2) to get used to a routine of twice daily handling,
so that coming in to the barn is a pleasant event, not just something she'll
associate with some invasive (to her) procedure.

There is another paddock between her pasture and her stall, so now all we
have to do is open the gate to her pasture, and she and Runa are waiting at
the gate, ready to calmly walk to the barn.  I want to get her to the point
where she doesn't mind me putting a halter on her in the pasture, but she's
very pleasant and willing to come in, so for now, I think this is very good.

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:29 PM