Hi Maria

>>>Here is a photo of my Peruvian Mare with the spavin.
She is 3 in the photo and just turned 4.  I hope I did
this correctly.

Beautiful mare.  She looks slightly high behind which is probably just a
growth spurt and good for you for waiting until at least 3 1/2 to start her.
Spavin is a form of arthritis and there are definitely ways to help her.  As
Mic says work is better than standing around.  You might have a look at
Peggy Cummings website www.connectedriding.com because IME horses with
Spavin need to be strengthened but you want to avoid abrupt and repetitive
circling, backing or sideways movements.  The CR ground exercises encourage
the engagement of the hind legs in a smooth precise way.  If you decide on
visiting my daughter in Modesto I am sure she would show you some you could
do with your mare.

Robyn

Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty