Nancy:

I have at least 20 Icelandic riders I have sold Sensations to in the past 2
years that are close to your weight.  Many ride longer distances.  With
appropriate padding, they seem to do quite well.  If you want to contact me
off list perhaps a few of them would be willing to speak with you about
their experiences.  I know Susan Cooper rides her TWH in a Sensation /is
about your weight & does distance riding as well.  Maybe she can weigh in on
her experiences.

I too was skeptical about "treeless", but the Sensation really does offer
better weight distribution because of the interior construction & multi
point rigging that most other treeless saddles & believe me, I have tried
them all both with myself  & my group of 30  riders out here.  There are
even several equine chiropractors that rec. the Sensation for appropriately
built horses with riders under 200lbs.

Kaaren