I was looking at a Hnakkvirki
> and a Astund
> Faxi  both very used but still pretty expensive. Has anyone ridden
> in this
> type of  saddle, either one of them. I might want a saddle with a
> tree. I am in
> a real  dilemma over this. Sylvia

My good friend has an Astund, it is VERY comfortable, and fits mosts
Icelandics that we have tried it on.....I have the other model, and
it seems a bit long, but I have a BIG 14 hand gelding that it fits
like a glove, so you need a horse that does not have a short back to
use it IMO.  One thing I do not like about it is the flaps are long
and get in my way when I cinch the girth.....but they provide a lot
of smooth protection as well

Sally is using the Benni harmony with a flexible tree, and the horses
really love it.....it seems designed well....

The Astund is a very secure seat BTW, at least the model my friend
has, I could ask her which model.  It is a costly saddle, but hers is
in better condition very used than a lot of new saddles, very well
made.

Skye

   Fire Island Eco-Treks-808-443-6085
   Fire Island Professional Farrier Service-640-6080