> Oooh, I would not recommend buying a treed saddle to fit a
> three-year-old...heck, not even a five-year-old, if you expect it to last
> very long!

As Raven mentioned, it is not just the changes in the shape of a horse's
back that come with maturity, but the changes in the shape of our horses as
the season progresses.  Because I ride all year, this is not quite so much
of a problem, but lots of endurance riders take several months off when the
weather is bad and begin the season with a fat horse and end it with a lean
one with lots of change in the back's shape in those months.

Nancy