surprised--from the emails I've read I thought Skjoni and Cary were bonded.

Oh yeah they ARE bonded.  They were then too, but my husband was too darned
proud (stupid?) to admit it.  My friend was really attracted to Falki, but
before she was going to write a check for him, she wanted her husband's
approval.  We'd only had the two boys maybe 6 months at the time and we knew
she would be a great home -  local too, where we could still see the horse.
At the last minute, before her husband came by, she said, "There's no way
Cary would sell Skjoni is there, if Bud likes him better?"  I said I'd ask.
Cary's answer was, "Oh sure, I'll ride whichever horse is here. I'm not
picky.  If she wants him, sell him - that'll get a great home for him."  So,
her husband came by, rode both, and he liked Skjoni's flash and speedier
gaits.  So, in a flash, Skjoni was gone.  I immediately found out that Cary
thought he was safe - at that point, he didn't think I could sell ANY horse,
much less his precious Skjoni!   So, less than a year later, my friend's
husband started having health problems, and he started pressuring her to cut
back and sell a few horses.  And, Paula was never as comfortable with the
slightly more "goey" Skjoni - whereas she totally adored the more laid-back
Falki.  Anyway, on the spur of the moment, she said she was going to sell
Skjoni, and before she could reconsider, Cary said, "I'll buy him."  Skjoni
only moved about 10 miles away...but I doubt he'll ever live that far away
again.  Cary learned his lesson - I CAN sell a horse, to a good home.  I
just won't sell THAT horse ever again, even if he says to go ahead.  A
couple of people have asked since about buying Skjoni, and Cary now says
bluntly, "He's not for sale."

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Checked by AVG Free Edition.