>>> Thanks for the thorough and lengthy answer.  Now I'm really scared.

Sorry!  If it helps, Sina still reigns as my hardest to fit horse of all
times, although most Icelandic's can be a real challenge.   Wasn't I just
too darned lucky that I had to fall in love with the most difficult to fit
horse on the PLANET as my first Icelandic...?  :)   I just loved her so
much - she's so safe and dependable, and I was so banged up when I got her,
just recovering from my broken back.  I NEEDED the confidence that she gave
me.  She's got a wonderful combination of dependability and good-sense, but
she's absolutely not a deadhead.  I wouldn't be riding like I do now if she
hadn't helped me with my post-injury issues.  Within six months of buying
her, maybe a year after my accident, I was enjoying riding more than I ever
had before, and considering the injury I'd had, I think that tells you a lot
about my girl.  That's why I HAD to keep searching for a saddle for her,
stupid as it may sound.  Finding another horse just wasn't an option...never
will be, as long as she's rideable, no matter how many other horses I ride
part-time.  She's my number one.

We're not distance riders, nor do we play them on the Internet, but if you
take any comfort from anything I've learned, please remember that Cary is a
BIG guy - 235 pounds.  He's fit and athletically built for an old fart of
53, and a fairly balanced rider.  And his 235 pounds is spread over 6'2".
He usually rides about 2 hours at a time, but he sometimes rides as much as
4-5 hours.  The longest I remember him riding in the Sensation was about 20
miles, split in 3-4 rides over maybe 24 hours - he's done that in the
Sensation a few times when we've gone on some of our weekend riding
vacations, taking our own horses.  (So did I, but I'm smaller, so that's not
exactly noteworthy.)  So, while he's not riding distances that you do, he
DOES have a lot more weight to contend with.   Skjoni is by far happier in
the Sensation than with any saddle we've tried on him - we've never seen any
signs of soreness.  Treeless may not be YOUR answer, but since you "only"
weigh about 160, I would certainly not let weight be a deterrent.  Good
luck, no matter what you decide!

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Checked by AVG Free Edition.