> Again I believe with what is used it is used to make the leg action
> higher, not to make an ungaited hores gaited....

If it was just one thing.... boots, or long toes, or heavier shoes, or....
but it's everything, including the tight saddles, the tight nosebands, the
big bits, the heavy contact, the whips.... they *have* to use it all!

> any articles from breeders and trainers in Iceland..they have very
> little tolerance for horses with no toelt...some make some pretty
> harsh comments about what should be done with none toelting horses,
> and making them into a competition or an evaulated horse certainley
> is not one of them.

What they say and what they do are two different things, and lots of
unnaturally gaited horses get sold out of the country.

I think that perhaps they do not operate on the same level as we do when
talking "gaited", and naturally gaited.  We're looking at things from a
totally different paradigm.

Remember that they are not used to and don't expect to see gaitedness on the
ground.  Their norm is to have gaitedness come about because of the rider.

No matter what, there is just not the consistency of gaitedness in Icelandic
Horses versus other gaited horse breeds.

> It would be interesting to actually compile a Full list of Icelandic
> horse breeders......

Go thru the list here, and see how many breed and train natural:

http://www.icelandics.org/farmlist.php

Judy
http://icehorses.net
http://clickryder.com