Hi Janice

>>I'm sorry, I don't care what anybody says, there is absolitely no way
on earth of knowing a horse will gait under saddle until you ride it
and it gaits.  I don't care if its parents gait, both of them, for
generations, all the way up the tree.

And that is also one of the challenges with breeding.  You can have parents
who gait easily and well some offspring easy gaited and others basically 3
gaited.

>>There is no way of knowing.
and even if it is well gaited someone can buy it, take it home, put a
different saddle on it, or heck even use the same tack, but ride a
little differently etc and the horse will change gaits.

Absolutely

Robyn

Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty