January 9, 2008
VEW White Paper
Horse Slaughter – Its Ethical Impact and Subsequent Response of the
Veterinary Profession

"Horse Slaughter is not humane euthanasia
It is the united opinion of VEW that horse slaughter is inhumane, and
that it is an unacceptable way to end a horse's life under any
circumstance. One need only observe horse slaughter to see that it is
a far cry from genuine humane euthanasia. "

"To suddenly be treated as pure livestock must be disorienting and
frightful, and can only compound their suffering as they proceed to
slaughter."

http://www.vetsforequinewelfare.org/white_paper.php

Keep USA horses in the pasture and off the tables.

Raven
Lucy & Molly, the Girl Doggies
Huginn & Dixie Chick, the Back Behind the Barn Ponies
Maggie Rose, the cat who makes me sneeze
http://www.myspace.com/iceponygoddess
Respect ALL Earthlings. We are all animals of this planet. We are all creatures.

IceHorses Community for Photos and Videos:  http://kickapps.com/icehorses

"The greatest enemy of the truth very often is not the lie- deliberate,
contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic."

"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

[] Lee Ziegler  http://leeziegler.com
[] Liz Graves  http://lizgraves.com
[] Lee's Book  Easy Gaited Horses http://tinyurl.com/7vyjo
[] IceHorses Map  http://www.frappr.com/IceHorses