On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 05:32:29AM -0500, Karen Thomas wrote:
> year -- i'm hoping to take beginning ice skating lessons next summer at the
> mit rink!
>

> Whoa.... SKATING is NOT the same thing at all as running on ice with ice

karen, the one and only reason i mentioned skating was to indicate that
groomed ice is a year-round phenomenon, whereas winter (as mentioned in
the beginning of the thread) is a source of ungroomed ice all over the
place.

hplease try not to be distracted by my most idle musings, but stick to the
topic of interest.

--vicka (who does not currently know how to skate,
         but is told by friends who do that "pond"
         and "rink" are totally different animals)