No, but almost everyone accepts that chunky, hairy 12.2-14H equines ARE
ponies, so pretending they aren't just seems ridiculous.  Anyway, my
disbelief had more to do with the notion that Icelandics might somehow be
more closely related to Arabs than to "ponies."  I've been around Arabs,
including an awfully nice one we've had for almost 20 years, and as Nancy
said, they are about as distintively different breeds as one can imagine.

And it really never fails to surprise me that some folks are so prone to
bristle over the label applied to the beasts as opposed to how the beings
are treated.  Mic showed the horses being abused at competition... but the
detractors chose to be offended by the p-word.  THAT is amazing.