Oh, Raven I am so sorry. Heal Quickly!!

Since we are going to be moving to Bend Oregon which does get about 12" of
snow & I imagine some ice...can any of you "ice veterans" recommend some
tactics to keep both me & the horses safe from ice falls & maybe some tips
for riding apparel/just plain cold weather gear.   I intend to pull shoes in
the late fall, but that's about all I have so far for horse safety  & from
the sounds of it barefoot doesn't really ensure ice safety on it's own..
maybe there is some kind of ground medium that you all have had success
with???  I have lived in California all my life so have no experience with
this.  I could waste a lot of money trying things to see what works...better
to ask the experts!!!  At 57yo with slight build I really don't want to test
my bone density with a fall on ice.

So far I have Yak Trax to pull on over my boots,  kid's sized Body Armour
for under Wind Pro riding tights  & tops, & a Polarfleece ear band.  I am so
tiny (5'2"/95lbs) that it is very difficult finding coths to fit as my legs
are too long for most kids sizes

Kaaren