> I  have had Scooter over a year, and we are just now
> starting to really bond. I think he likes me. :)

I will have had Hunter three years in May.  He's 12 years old and I don't
know his history.  I suspect he had lots of moves.  He was an anxious,
reactive, edgy,  frightened horse.   For weeks after I got him home, I went
around muttering "I have made a HUGE mistake."  I felt that  buying him had
made me responsible to him, so I just kept consistantly working with him.
And working with him.  And working with him.  And trying to learn to like
him.  He's a very nice riding horse now, 400 times better on the ground and
every now and then I get the very real pleasure of seeing his eyes soften
and his body relax when he sees me.  Somehow there is more joy in that for
me than if he had been an easier horse.

Nancy