> I like the surcingles that have a series of rings, giving you a
choice of
> where to run the reins.  My choice usually is to try to get the lines
to run
> through a ring at about the place my hands would be if I were mounted.

A picture would be useful. Although my longlines have clips on that are
too big for the surcingle rings. I had to buy new longlines that arent
so comfy to hold. I use the old ones for Corrie with her saddle(with
stirrups cobbled)  and the new one for Ofeig with the surcingle. I
haven't done it for a while because of the wet mushy field.
I would truly like to know what angle I'm supposed to be aiming for
with the lines. I did get in a mess once when I forgot to cobble the
stirrups.
Sue. Lincs. Uk