> I've never heard that gelding late can *stunt* growth but I do
> remember reading a study (from big horses) that geldings generally
> grow bigger than stallions though not producing the testoserone. I
> suspect that's probably because stallions generally seem to do a lot
> more racing around as youngsters than geldings,

It's not been until about 10 years ago that you ever castrated a male
dog before they were 6 months old becasue it was believed that their
urethra (sp?) needed to be fully developed so there was less chance of
kidney stoens or something like that but now it's not uncommon to have
male dogs castrated at 8 weeks.  One side effect of the early
neutering has been that the dogs seem to grow much leggier and less
bulky.  They always look a little like a gangly teenager.  There have
been several articles about this in breed magazines
--
Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura

"Yet when all the books have been read and reread, it boils down to
the horse, his human companion, and what goes on between them."  -
William Farley