In a message dated 2/6/2008 11:12:40 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<Isn't it a mistake to try to associate the "show type" gaits  with
endurance
riding?>>

Well, yes, it would be.  But, I have never heard anyone say or write
anything to try to associate the "show type" gaits with endurance riding.
Quite the
opposite from Icelandic horse breeders, show riders and trainers from
Iceland I've met.  Apparently you are saying that YOU find that hearing of
Icelandics being able to do endurance at the time you are watching "show type"
gaits
implies to YOU that there is some kind of association of those gaits with
endurance riding.  Does that say more about the hearer or the  speaker?

Anyway, I will once again repeat my basic point that people with gaited
horses should not feel discouraged by anyone, especially those within our
breed,
from giving distance riding a try.  Your horse was made for it and has
abilities beyond your imagination. So stretch your imagination.

John Parke
Solvang, CA

48)