>>> Well, yes. . . no two horses are exactly alike.   But for the sake of 
>>> discussion, I'm not sure how good it is to dissect things down too far. . . 
>>> . It can get very complicated very fast and be overwhelming.   Fascinating, 
>>> but overwhelming.   


Yes, but it's really no more complicated to define two "trot-side" gaits 
(Foxtrot and fox rack) than it is to define two "lateral-side" gaits (stepping 
pace and rack/tolt) and we've long defined the two lateral-side gaits.  After I 
thought about it, I realize we've been slighting the diagonal soft gaits.  I 
wonder why...?


>1. Pace
> 2. Step pace
> 3. Rack/Saddle rack
> 4. Running walk
> 5. Fox rack/ fox saddle rack
> 6. Foxtrot
> 7. Trot


>>> Where are you putting the tolt, or rack

Tolt is the Icelandic word for rack...number 3 in my arbitrary line-up.  (And 
my numbering is purely arbitrary - I could just as easily made trot number 1 
and reversed the order.)


Karen Thomas, NC



No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.4/1277 - Release Date: 2/13/2008 8:00 
PM
 

Reply via email to