On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Lynn Kinsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, really guys -- those sorts of events are happening all over the
> place in the US.  As someone mentioned, there are generally all breed
> Open shows or Open gaited shows, that would have trail classes, gait
> classes, performance classes.

One reason I considered Icelandics when looking into gaited horses was
that they do the regular walk, trot, canter.  That way we can do the
little local 4 H shows at the fairgrounds.  They even have a Jack
Benny class for us old folks over 40.  They also have fun shows where
any clothing/tack choices are a go.  That was all I was doing at the
end with Calvin.  I discovered that the only saddle that fit him was
my sheepskin covered Boz that is definately not english but also not
quite a western either.  I was allowed to ride in either class with
him like that.  I wore my equiseential jods and a tee shirt.  It's
great not having to mess with show clothes.  Maybe we'll get the boys
whipped in shape to do a show or two this year.  Maybe we can record
these to enter into our 'virtual' show.

--
Anna
Southern Ohio