> Do you think a swishing tail always means resistance?

Well of course I don't really know.  The horse didn't swish his tail when at
liberty.  He really is wonderful, I'm not faulting him or his rider,  but I
do know that when I hear that swich behind me on a horse I'm schooling I
usually think I have annoyed him with my aids.  I'm not convinced that
sometimes he shouldn't be annoyed by my aides as his training progresses,
but I'd like for him to eventually  relax into my leg and flow away from it.

And I'm confessing here that I do not have a horse right now  that is any
more than green broke and don't know how far I will get with the few I'm
riding.  It would be nice to think I can still train a horse.

Nancy