--- Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I'll be happy to answer that - I've talked about it
on the list many times -
.... BUT, if I do, I'd still like for you to answer
the question I asked you first.  :)   Who is the
"they" who said that treeless saddles aren't
working?<<

Ok, you answered yours, and Cary's riding just doesn
't match up to simple conditioning, so that is maybe
why the Sensation is fine for him.

The "they" I was referring to was other people in
every saddle booth I visited at the Convention.  I
didn't get their names, and if I did I would not print
them without their permission.  People there were
interested in the flexible saddles and there was
always several of us in each booth getting an
education on the saddle that was there.  When asked
what we were riding in now, and how it was working, a
huge majority of the people in each booth (different
people in each booth, BTW) had treeless, and were
looking for more support for longer rides.  The
majority of these people had every intention of
keeping their treeless, but they wanted another option
for their horse.  To swith out saddles.

Now, Karen, please don't take this as treeless
bashing.  If you read my original post, I specifically
said it was not to bash treeless.  I plan on keeping
mine and I think it is the most comfy saddle I have
ever sat in.  This is a discussion of other options we
Icey people want.  It is not to dis you, so please
keep your anger in check so we can discuss this
without Judy putting an end to it.  I have seen posts
from people who never post, and I have received
private posts from people with questions.  It is not
who is right and who is wrong, it is about exploring
other options.  So please don't take it as a slam
against you, Carey, or treeless saddles.

We have not had many options in the past and treeless
was a Godsend to us.  Thankfully, the saddle people
are listening, and we now have other options.  Since
endurance people ride so many miles in conditioning
and competition, if you want something comfortable for
you and your horse, they are the ones to listen to.
Plus, many, many Arabs are very short backed and wide,
so they have similar problems to Icey people in
fitting a saddle.  The difference in riding for
pleasure and riding endurance, is you may be able to
get away with a marginal fit in pleasure riding, but
that would NEVER cut the mustard in endurance, so let
us listen to whay they say.

And of course the treeless list is pro-treeless - that
is what the list is for!!!

Susan in NV
  http://desertduty.blogspot.com/
  Riding for Breast Cancer Awareness