On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Lorraine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I had asked if Alfalfa pellets are bad for Icelandics
>  last week.  I heard from someone that Icelandics can't
>  digest them or something.  Any answers???  Thanks

I think they can digest them but don't need that much protein. They do
well on low sugar, low protein grass hay.  I think that the alfalfa
was formulated for dairy cows nutritional needs not horses. That being
said, I know there are areas where alfalfa hay and or pellets are most
widely available and that some people feed them.

I will be happy to hear what others think.

Ann