do any of you have toxic plants?
Hi Janice
Oh yes we do too. My biggest worry is the, one bite and you're dead, 
yew tree. It's so windy here that I keep checking the yard to see if 
any has blown over. We cut down the nearest tree but at the far corner 
of the garden far away from the horses there is a short row as a wind 
break. I'm negotiating to have them removed but I'm worried about bits 
falling into the paddocks and yard. We also have the wonderful, eat me 
and die slowly, ragwort. I went on my neightbours land and stole some 
last year to burn. Then there is the mares tail. Guaranteed to cause 
vitamin B6 deficiency especially in young horses. It's really hard to 
detect in grass. If I go out in the dew it looks like christmas trees 
with lights on. For sheer quantity there is the (not so) creeping 
buttercup and the ever coming back dock which gives them diarrhoea. 
Then there is some bracken in the garden. Any ornamental in the garden
is classified as deadly as yew so the horses don't go there.
Sue UK


Reply via email to