>>>  What are the best months to ride in the southeast U.S?

Just about any time except July and August.  There are a few decent days
even then, especially if you can ride in the shade in early mornings or late
evenings. We'll have some days in the winter when it's too cold/muddy/windy,
but basically we can ride year round, except for given days.  In the heat of
the summer, the highest elevations of the northern NC mountains are
downright New England-ish.

Where in Ga are you?   We're near Charlotte, about 4-4.5 hours from Atlanta,
and our weather is VERY similar.  Coastal Savannah is a little milder than
us, and it's also about 4 hours away.  Janice's weather would be close to
south GA, I think.

Today is perfect - on the way to 75.  This is a bit unusual for this time of
the year, but certainly not unheard of.  Just wait until the foals come
though - we'll be freezing again!  :)