I have taken a clinic from Gudmar and had some private lessons when  visiting
his farm.  When he is teaching he does not advocate sitting back  on the
loins or placing the saddle back on the loins.  However, what I have  noticed
is
this seems to occur mostly when he is in the show ring or taking a  horse for
evaluations.  He is being paid top dollar to make the horse win  or get first
prize.  Unfortunately I suspect that has a lot to do with why  he rides like
this for shows and evaluations.  I am sure this happens in  some form for all
breeds being pushed to win.

                                        Renee

Home.