OK, here's a prime example of the problem areas that we have in the breed
with trainers.

We have an icelandic trainer telling people that the Icelandic Horse is
collected in tolt.

We have a novice horse owner / rider believing it.

And neither one has the knowledge of equine biomechanics, anatomy, and gait,
to know that they are incorrect.

So, it's a viscious cycle of ignorance, perpetuating bad information.

There is no collection in tolt.  The frame of the horse in tolt is
diametrically opposed to collection.

It just doesn't happen.

And, while the novice horse owner / rider will believe it, there is not one
person who knows anything about dressage or equine biomechanics that will be
fooled or taken in by this.

That these things can be printed in the Quarterly, show where their baseline
knowledge is.

Judy
http://iceryder.net
http://clickryder.com