Judy Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> kirjoitti:

> >>Has anyone ever seen an
> >>icelandic-style rider / trainer, or a professional / certified / holar /
> >>FT
> >>trainer ever put an Icelandic Horse into a fox trot?  or a running walk?
> >
> > Yes - but not on purpose.

I haven't seen it but I've heard stories ;-) Last summer in Sweden I rode a
horse that did both fox trot and running walk and anything more lateral was not
really natural for her (in four days I rode her she never once tölted). I
commented about that to her owner (who trains horses and riders and competes
with her own horses) and she asked what FT and RW were. And when I explained
she said that yes, when competing with that mare they let her "tölt" get quite
diagonal because that's more natural to her and she is more relaxed then (which
means she gets better marks) but that it's a very fine line to keep her gait
close enough to tölt (and by the way I don't think they care much if "tölt" in
slower tempo is saddle rack rather than rack) so the marks don't get worse
because her tölt is too "trotty".

Krisse