On 4/1/08, Judy Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Without loving and caring for others, most of us stand little chance of
> communing with God, no matter how many years we may spend in silent
> prayer." -- Bo Lozoff
>
> What if we change it to:  "Without loving and caring for horses...."

its like Jesus said "as you do unto the least of you, you do unto me."
 What are "the least of you"---, gotta be animals, horses, children,
poor people, unattractive people, scum of the earth people.  lepers.
people who smell bad.  My horse Stonewall, he is the most human of all
my animals, raised by humans when his mom died.  His body and posture
will actually contort to one of abject misery and pain, he doesnt just
hang his head, he makes his legs take on a weak position as if he is
gonna fold in on himself, head hanging, not an "oh poor me" posture
but a posture of "i want to die, I want to be already dead', and he
does this if I dont notice him two days in a row, if I dont pay
attention to him in any way, he starts withering.  There is so much
more to horsekeeping than feeding them, providing shelter...  I read
once that cats are more intelliect than emotion and dogs are almost
all emotion.  I think horses are both.

Janice
--
even good horses have bad days sometimes.