Bibi sounds a bit like Baldur. Baldur is the horse I "rescued" at full
price last summer. He was sold to us as husband safe but afraid of
everything. Like Bibi, his teeth needed major work. His hooves also
badly needed trimmed and he was underweight and malnourished. You should
see him now. Even after I came off of him and had multiple fractures to
my pelvis (NOT his fault) I ultimately refused to sell this boy. I did
consider a free lease to a good home. Thank God he stayed. At the point
I was ready to let him go I thought he was on the cusp of forming a
great deal of trust. He did that and more. Now, Baldur plays all day in
the pasture with three buddies. Our Friesian was the one to get him to
play. They are great buddies. Baldur didn't accept treats from anyone
but me when he came. Now, he loves everyone and will even greet
strangers with polite interest. This boy has been in training at least
three days a week for the past nine months and has learned to love it.
He's had body work, energy work and any other sort of work (TTouch) that
he clearly wanted. He lives in a boarding barn with 30 horses, 40
peacocks (flying over and under him, hanging out in his stall, making a
racket you would not believe) a goat and more dogs than one can count
some days. Ours is the Wild West of barns and this boy calmly eats
dinner through all of it. Perhaps if you set his tail on fire you could
spook him. He was spooky when he came, but now, his biggest spook is a
jump. We worked on everything that spooked him in the beginning from
cell phone rings in the forest to feet bumping him when mounting. It has
been an honor to give this horse his life back. Baldur had a great start
to life and seemed to have those memories to draw on. He is a love in a
horsesuit again. He loves snuggles. He is proud to take people for rides
and takes great care of his rider. We pony crazy horses from him and he
is calm regardless of their behavior. Clearly, Baldur made the choice to
face his demons. Many horses wouldn't have his inner strength. Baldur
does long for one thing and that is a person of his own. He is now safe,
happy and very healthy. If anyone knows of someone looking, my boy is on
dreamhorse. It will be bittersweet to let him go. He taught me how to
give a horse the tools they need to heal. Baldur was a gift from God.
Now, he needs someone of his own and I need to let him go.  Send
prospective owners to dreamhorse.

Gail