On Apr 14, 2008, at 1:44 PM, Judy Ryder wrote:
Written by Val:

There is a wonderful article in this month's Eclectic Horseman by Tom
Moate on the mind set of Matter-of-Factness v. What-If-ness.

Well said Val.  I have been reading Tom's articles in the EH for the
past year and really should just break down and buy the book.  Better
yet, go spend a month in Arizona with the master (well I can dream!).

After going thru a period of  "holding on tight and praying"  when my
horse spooked, even a little hop,  thinking about all the things that
might have, could have, might yet happen.  And, of course, because of
my "what-if-ness" some times those things did happen.  My confidence
has built over the past couple years and now I just giggle at those
little hops, which have become very rare and never go on to full out
spooks.   Shoot, it's hardly fair that now that I know it's OK it
doesn't happen!

Kat