I dont know it just seems "hard" to me, complicated!  From the saddle,
I cant tell what foot is stepping on the ground, and I dont really
understand why it matters.  Altho I do know someone who has a bad back
from a fall when she says her horse changed leads unexpectedly?  that
sounds funny to me.  I just ride, and let them figure out what lead
they are on?  And I dont canter much except Jaspar and I just let him
figure it out.  I love the sidepassing as a fun thing to make Tivar
do... and the spanish walk, that was a "trick" i thought I would try.
But for the life of me I cant figure out stuff like "on the forehand"
or understand what purse it would serve me to know that...
Janice--
even good horses have bad days sometimes.