> > Did this seem like an odd comment to you?
>

> At the time, it didn't, but  you're quite right.  I also ride my Icelandic
> mare  with several other breeds, mainly Arab endurance horses.  She keeps up
> very well most of the time,

Magic and I went to a class on obstacles for Trail Trials a few years
back and the
trainer asked if we would like to go on a trail ride following the
class.  Someone
asked if Magic could keep up with the rest of them and I said I didn't see a
problem...  Near the end of the ride when we were far ahead and had to stop
and wait for some of the other horses, the same person said "My goodness,
I didn't realize those little horses would do so well on the trail!"
I just smiled!
Ferne Fedeli