for two years now my geese lay huge piles of eggs and set them for
months and never hatch anything.  Then last nite my husband calls me
at work and says I had six geese hatch out!  He said all were doing
great, but one "he is scrawney and stunted and the mom kicked him out
of the nest so something must be wrong with him, I'll probably have to
put him down" but he put him in the incubator to stay warm.  I get
home and find five perfect fluffy huge baby geese, and one pitiful
little bewildered duck :)  I reckon mama duck wanted a surrogate mama
to raise her babies!  haha
Janice

--
even good horses have bad days sometimes.