>crooked trees VS. treeless<

I've seen  many treeless saddles pulled into assymetry by the rider as well
causing impact to the structure of the horse.   It usually happens quicker
than with a treed saddle because of the lack of rigid structure.  It is also
impactful in a different way because of the "less structure", but still
impactful.  The pro of the treeless is that a rider's "faults " will become
evident a lot quicker in the form of saddles "slipping" off to one side,
pressure from the rider's seat/seatbones causin pain or white hairs to name
a few common complaints .  Treeless saddles can also be made assymetrical,
so check all saddles for symmetry regardless.

Because of my backround in human biomechanics/holistic health care, I think
it is important for all us riders to have some kind of body work or exercise
program geared to addressing our own assymetries.  It doesn't have to cost a
chunk of change either.  Feldenkrais has at hundreds of home "Awareness
Through Movement" tape series that you can buy starting at about $29.95 that
will help in changing your habitual posture/movement patterns without even
stepping outside your door.  There are also some great Pilates/Gyrotonics/ &
yoga tapes that help.  A 3-4 time a year visit to a holistically oriented
PT/personal trainer can give you a personalized exercise at home program
without having to join a gym.  A few chiropractic , cranial-sacral ,
cranio-osteopathy, or acupuncture visits a year can prevent injuries as well
as healing current issues.  Even a few Connected Riding/Centered Riding
lessons a year or whomever you choose that promotes rider awareness  can be
sooo helpful.

Riding & interacting with horses for me is  a such a pleasurable journey of
personal & spiritual growth .  Being with my horses gentley brings me  into
experiencing the moment & a gives me a connection with nature that I get
from nowhere else.

Kaaren