On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Virginia Tupper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's about 30 x 40.  I know it's bigger than the usual run-in but I
> figured it would be good for a shelter--roomy, has a roof, and
> eventually it will become the barn (hopefully by fall).

Virginia,

I have been very happy with my barn/run in.  Mine is 24 X 36.  I had
it built so one of the long sides faces south (take advantage of the
solar heat in the winter, provide the most shade)  This side is open
and the other three sides are walled.  The three walls provide
protection from the sun in the summer and the wind in our area which
usually comes from the east or north.  The back of the building has
three 12 X 12 stalls.  Two are left open and the third is used for hay
storage.  During the summer they like to tuck themselves back in the
shade away from the flies.  During the winter they like to stand out
in the run in area and soak up the sun .  The run in area in front of
the stalls is 12 X 36.  We have had this set up for about 8 years and
have really been happy with it.  Provides plenty of protection from
the elements and still open and airy.  My farrier has remarked a
number of times how much she likes the setup.

--
Anna
Southern Ohio