--- Kristen Mikula <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This system must be different.  I could ride the
> dining room table in this thing.

I saw that in one video which really made me consider
this saddle.

> The tree is for the rider support and the
> panels are for the horse.

Yes, while the Sensation works well for a lot of
Icelandics, there are still instances where the horse
and rider need a tree for support.  Lolligagging
around the pasture a few times a week are one thing,
but for longer rides, a horse really needs a tree to
help distribute the weight of the rider.  I know I
will catch hell for this since this group is such a
treeless loving group, but a lot of the treeless
fanatics don't ride for that great length of time
except for maybe a few times a year.  Serious ride
times sometimes require the support of a tree,
especially if trotting and posting.

> Check out the web page if
> you haven't yet - there are a lot of interesting
> pictures and also history of the flex panel system.

I learned a lot from this web site and found it quite
interesting.  I did a lot of researching before I
decided on the Specialized.  I joined the Flex Panel
yahoo group, and researched their archives in addition
to the archives of RideCamp (the endurance riding
list).  I found about a 50% long term success rate for
the flex panel saddles, and that is the main reason I
decided on the Specialized.  I hope you are in that 50%!!!

Susan in NV
  read my blog to see why I ride my horse in pink:
  http://desertduty.blogspot.com/