--- Virginia Tupper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>what do the rest of your wear?  (I'd
> prefer not to spray
> myself with chemicals.)

I don't blame you about the chemicals.  On yesterday's
ride, the mosquitoes and gnats were sooooo bad, I
sprayed myself 1/2 way thru the ride (I carry a travel
spray of fly spray in my fanny pack) then 15 minutes
later, I applied deet.  Then, 15 minutes after that,
my lips were numb!  I think I applied too much!  I had
so much deet on, my face was white!  Luckily, mosquito
season in the desert only last 4-6 weeks!

Susan in NV
  read my blog to see why I ride my horse in pink:
  http://desertduty.blogspot.com/