----- Original Message ----
> From: Virginia Tupper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Anyways, I don't want to feed grain but I would like to supplement
> their diet.  I was looking at a Blue Seal product, Sunshine or
> something, which is described as a supplement for horses which don't
> get fed grain, but it said it was high in protein. <<
http://www.blueseal.com/equine/productpages/21_WinningTouch_Sunshine.pdf
you would only feed 3/4 lb a day...thats not much.  and it gives you the
missing nutrients...check with your area vet and find out what nutrients the
hay in your area is missing.  Here we have to supplement with selenium because
we don't have it in our soil.  Without it, you get muscle degeneration over
time. So here, we feed MVP by Poulin for horses that don't get grain.  It
doesn't make them "hot" like grain and doesn't seem to make them gain weight.
http://www.poulingrain.com/pages/3267/EQUI-PRO™_MVP_Supplement_Pellet.htm