2008/5/30 Susan Coombes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I am running out of places to put manure now that I have surrounded
> the house by applying it to the flower beds. We call it the house at
> pooh corner as in Winnie the Pooh.

Ha!  Pooh corner...sounds like a farm name in the making.

I> it and then bringing it back. Can I just collect it in the pits on
> the field and let it compost there or will the worms escape and cause
> havoc?

My understanding is that as long as the poo is shifted around and the
worms are exposed to some sun and air, then the little stinkers
DIE....

We got a landscape rake and Kevin raked up the paddock that the girls
used over the winter..  We haven't had many flies around at all
(touching wood as I say this)...so I think even raking the poo around
helped.

Wanda