well i just got back from half way to the vet.  I let Jas out for one
of his meals between meals, about a half pound of alfalfa pellets, not
cubes, just little pellets, and I saw he was done eating so I went to
give him a rinse to cool him off, and he was standing there choking,
would make a gurgling gagging sound, bare his teeth, sling his head
and green slime would sling out.  I ran him to the hose and let him
drink, he drank, seemed to swallow, it just got worse, i ran him to
the trailer and loaded him, he was focussed on trying to get whatever
it was to pass, I driove halfway to the vet, it was an empty country
road and not a soul around, I wanted to see if he was able to breathe
and went back and checked and he seems weak and shaken but its over.I
had called the vet and they were expecting him so called them back.
They said this could be related to all this mystery weight loss and
for me to take him off pellets and put him on a feed that doesnt
swell, like oats or seed mix feed and if he does it again they will
scope him.  its a scarey day!
Janice

--
even good horses have bad days sometimes.