Hi Jennifer, and welcome to the list.  I'll take a stab at answering your
questions and I am sure others will chime in...

Can I use a western saddle on her?

You can use any saddle that fits her.... Western, endurance, English....
whatever.

 I've only ever
> ridden western and wouldn't know what to do with an english one.

Riding in an English saddle is only different because of the saddle... How
you use your leg, seat and rein aids is the same regardless of the saddle
you are sitting on.

  I would give the Icelandic saddle an honest try before going out and
spending money unnecessarily on a different saddle.  I would not want to
purchase a saddle for a horse (that I may not be able to use in the future)
if I were not going to buy the horse that I bought the saddle for.  How long
will they let you use the saddle?  Will they let you use it as long as you
are free leasing the horse?

> Also what is your take on a complete pellet for her?

  I think horses (especially ponies) can be fed too much extremely easily if
fed pelleted feed.  I also think that they need to graze and have something
to occupy their time...pelleted feed is usually eated in a hurry and then
what are they foing to do with the free time? ... chew on fences?? and/or
other wood in the area in which they are confined???

Hope this helps... Pat G., in MN