1.  Todays tennessee walking horse was bred to carry the farm owner
 around the property on friday, go for a trail ride on saturday, and
 haul the family to church in the wagon on sunday.

Janice,  I actually bought into this one.  After all, I had read it every
time I read about TWH's for 60 years or so.

So I bought one.  It didn't take me long to figure out why the seller
politely held him while I mounted.  I still believe the myth.  Surely there
are some nice TWH ranch horses out there, but Hunter, at the time I bought
him, would have propelled me to church a while lot faster than I wanted to
travel and might have had the elders praying in the parking lot when I
arrived.

Nancy