On 6/13/08, Nancy  Sturm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here's an interesting video of different gaits done by Tennessee Walking
> Horses:
>

> I loved the last printed line.  I just assumed all TWH's did a running walk.
> Hunter has a 6mph  flat walk but has done a running walk about three times
> in three years.  As it turns out, I don't actually care.  He has quite a
> selection of intermediate gears plus trot.  Works for me.
>
> Nancy

i ride with a lot of nongaited breeds and find jaspar's stepping pace
works just great,  its a very pleasant speed but sometimes people will
complain he is making their horses trot or jig.  In which case I dont
usually ride with them again unless by accident or circumstance.  For
one thing, I dont gripe about how my caddilac stepping pace is
something i can only enjoy when I'm not with them, do i?
janice-
even good horses have bad days sometimes.