>>> http://listen-to-your-horse.blogspot.com/2008/06/shoes-or-not.html

My horses have been barefoot for a long time - so long that I don't know
exactly when -
17-18 years, maybe?   Whatever, my horses went barefoot many years before
barefoot guru
Pete Ramey even took up farriery, so it wasn't like an epiphany when I decided
to stop
shoeing my horses - I didn't do it because it was trendy.  I did it with the
full support
of my farrier, even his recommendation, because we thought it best for our
horses.  I did
it over a period of months, one horse at a time.   Anyway, even though I have a
long
record of horses being successfully barefoot, I get irritated when I see videos
that call
conventional shoeing "a crippling tradition."   There are horses who benefit
from shoes,
even if it's only for a short period.   It doesn't have to be an either/or
decision, nor
should it be.