Hi Wanda,
>>>Interesting.  Dagur's was mostly on the right, but as he ages...it's
beginning to fall evenly to both sides.

>From what I have observed, about 90% of the time, the side of the neck that
the mane falls to -at the withers- will be the horse's lower shoulder.
Icelandics are pretty easy to see that as you can stand behind them and see
the shoulders.  Most of the time the higher shoulder will be the horses lead
of choice in the canter - watching in the pasture etc.

When the mane falls to one side and then changes it is often places where
there are curves, or sublixations,  in the neck vertebrae.  You can see that
from the top of the neck and usually feel it from underneath on the
vertebrae (there will be some bulging).  You see it in lots of horses and
there will usually be lateral stiffness when riding.

I remember working with a couple of horses that had just one small piece of
mane that fell opposite to the rest of the mane - I did really specific
TTouch sessions on those parts of the neck and the next morning the mane had
moved to the other side without any grooming.  It was interesting.

Robyn Hood
The Icelandic Horse Farm
Tellington TTouch Training
Vernon, B.C.