Hi Wanda,
>>>No kidding!  I just noticed that Dag's mane is slightly heavier on the
right than it is on the left. I wonder if it will be even by the end
of the summer?

I wouldn't worry one little bit when the mane basically splits down the
middle - a bit more hair on one side that the other is mostly a matter of
how it is parted - look at his shoulders from behind and above to see how
evenly developed they are and how straight he is able to carry his head
(other than he will probably be trying to look back to see what the heck you
are doing back there).   I also have an article from a barefoot trimmer
about how she has been able to see a horse's shoulders change shape and
become more even upon trimming.

If you have found that he is stiffer on one side (as are most horses) there
are some connected groundwork exercises that really help.

Robyn