Hi Nancy

Which one has she been using? I've found the Greenguard mask stays on
pretty well, or even the old fashioned "bucket" type ones, but some
horses seem to be able to get absolutely anything off and the only
answer is keeping the horse on very reduced pasture and strip grazing.

all the best

Mic

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 04:22:04 -0800, you wrote:

>Our daughter Abby has a wonderful older Arab/Standardbred cross gelding that
>is semi-retired after a couple of pasture injuries.  Because he can't get as
>much exercise as he used to, he gets too fat.  She has a grazing muzzle, but
>Smoke has become quite the expert at removing it and she lives 20 miles from
>where he is boarded.
>
>Does anyone have a nice safe method for keeping a grazing muzzle in place?
>When she snugged it up too tight, it rubbed a raw spot on his nose.

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk